Debian compatibility with US Robotics USR5637 external USB modem

Hi there --

I'm getting ready to assemble a computer, and intend to use Debian Linux as the OS.  In addition to everything else I want to have a 56k modem for the computer -- partially as an emergency backup for the network, but mainly so that I can run a fax and answering machine app on the computer and get rid of my extremely low-quality answering machine.

From what I've seen out there, the US Robotics USR5637 looks like a promising option:  it's a small (almost tiny) external modem which connects via USB, and purports to have Linux support.  My question:  has anyone had any experiences (good or bad) with this component on a Debian system?

Thanks in advance,
-PT