Re: Playing video embedded in pdf

On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 16:53:02 +0200, Johann Spies wrote:

> I have no success in using acroread 9.3 with plugin to play a flash
> video which form part of a pdf-presentation.
>
> According to what I have seen (I think it was on Wikipedia) an embedded
> flv-file should play.
>
> Acroread complains that the format is not supported.
>
> Any idea on how to get it working?
>
> I have tried evince and Okular without success.

I think that embedded multimedia in PDF is not fully supported under
Reader or Evince (maybe the latest version for Okular can handle this
files) for Linux, but at least there should an option to display the
media source in a separate viewer or just to save it for later playing.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón