Re: how to convince that debian is one the three major choices for a stable server environment?

On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 15:01:05 +0200, Γιώργος Πάλλας wrote:

> (it is, isn't it? :-) )

Oh, I hope so :-P

> So, yes, we are moving on from our 10year experience with gentoo, and
> are searching for our new environment. From my personal experience I
> would say debian stable - any hard evidence to support the claim? Server
> OS statistics? Statistics for stableness? Bugs? Any white papers showing
> debian's superiority?

Major hardware companies (like HP) have expressed their support for
Debian, besides the other "corporate" options: RedHat and SuSE SLES. I
think that is important.

I recently switched some Supermicro servers and workstations from
openSUSE 10.3 to Debian stable and find it very... stable? :-)

> I am also doing my google research, but I'm asking if someone can point
> me to something like real hard evidence...

http://www.debian.org/misc/awards.en.html

O:-)

Greetings,

--