Re: how to convince that debian is one the three major choices for a stable server environment?

Tim Clewlow wrote:
On 22/02/2010 13:01, Γιώργος Πάλλας wrote:
(it is, isn't it? :-) )

So, yes, we are moving on from our 10year experience with gentoo,
and
are searching for our new environment. From my personal experience
would say debian stable - any hard evidence to support the claim?
Server
OS statistics? Statistics for stableness? Bugs? Any white papers
showing
debian's superiority?

I am also doing my google research, but I'm asking if someone can
point
me to something like real hard evidence...

Thanks,
G.
Depending on what you want to use the servers for, OpenBSD

I second this - *bsd is very good for servers. Gnu/Linux is adequate
for small scale enterprises but will not give you the hard core
grunt that *bsd will. Also OpenBSD has a seriously secure core

Well, we 're not Google or Facebook, and we would like to stick with linux...