Re: Amarok 2.2.1 proxy issue

On Friday 19 February 2010 09:11:16 Jeffrin Jose wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 02:51:28PM -0700, Bjorn Meyer wrote:
> > Hi all.
> >
> > I am wondering if anyone else has run into this issue, and found a
> > resolution.
> >
> > I am finding that Amarok 2.2.1 will not detect the global KDE settings
> > for the proxy server. So I am unable to stream music and it will not look
> > up the lyrics.
>
> You can try global proxy settings using konqueror.The global
> proxy setting may not be working because konqueror is in the offline
> mode.

I did take a look at the settings for Konqueror as I found some other comments
stating this as well, and it does not show that it is in offline mode. It does
also show the global settings that I specified as well.

> > However, if I run "export http_proxy=http://192.168.1.1:8080"; in a
> > console session, then run /usr/bin/amarok, I am able to stream again.
> > Lyrics, still don't show up, but I'm not too worried about that.
>
> you may do one thing.Edit ~/.kde/share/config/kioslaverc
> and try adding ..
>
> ProxyType=1
> http_proxy=http://192.168.1.1:8080
>
> Save and Restart Amarok.

I found this as well, but when I looked at the file, it had all the global
settings in there as well.
I am well confused on this.