Re: Nouveau's 3D NVIDIA drivers

>On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 5:28 AM, Mark Neidorff <mark@neidorff.com> wrote:
>Just  "for your information" on an open source driver for NVIDIA video cards.
>
>http://www.linux-mag.com/cache/7708/1.html

[snip]

Thanks for the link, very interesting and promising.  I inherited 2 Dell laptops and installed Lenny, both have nvidia cards.  Even after installing the nvidia drivers, suspend/resume doesn't work (well, suspend works but resume doesn't).  I had researched thoroughly a while ago and pretty much gave up on trying to get it to work after seeing so many posts on websites where others couldn't get it to work either.  This one in particular has almost my identical hardware http://eclectic.freeshell.org/debian-8600.html#Suspend_Resume.

Sorry if this topic has been beaten to death already, I've been on this list about a year and haven't seen too much chatter about it in that time.

Mark