Re: amd64 flash setup not working on youtube?

On Thu, 18 Feb 2010 13:00:27 -0500, Mitchell Laks wrote:

> On 17:30 Thu 18 Feb     , Camaleón wrote:

>> For Iceweasel, you can:
>>
>> 1/ Create a folder "~/.mozilla/plugins" 2/ (Re)move any previous
>> "flash*.so" file(s) in there 3/ Download
>> "libflashplayer-10.0.45.2.linux-x86_64.so.tar.gz¹" and extract
>> "libflashplayer.so" under "~/.mozilla/plugins" 4/ Restart Iceweasel
>> 5/ Enjoy...
>
> Dear Camaleon,
> I thought I indicated that I  had done exactly that (as I mentioned in
> the above excerpt that you quoted). I put the .so file exactly there.
> /home/mlaks/.mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so

Yes, and I carefully read your message.

But having several flash plugins installed in the same folder leads in
what you are experiencing: a crash.

So I expressely indicated to remove older files that could have been
present.

> Now the iceweasel (or conkeror) crashes even to visit the NY Times web
> site, as well as youtube.
>
> The abdobe library crashes my iceweasel when invoked by youtube or
> nytimes.

Launch Icewasel in console and look for any error messages you get when
browsing to those sites.

Another thing you can try is renaming your current "~/.mozilla" folder
and start over again with a clean profile.

> Note I took out all of the swfdec or other libraries, it is clean with
> apt-get remove --purge

O.k. :-)

Greetings,

--