Re: Removing SSH's welcome message (before login)

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 16:49, Jon Dowland <jmtd@debian.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 04:20:36PM +0000, Nuno Magalhães
> wrote:
>> 2010/2/18 Artifex Maximus <artifexor@gmail.com>:
>> > Put this line into your sshd_config:
>> >
>> > VersionAddendum AnyString-19540331
>>
>> It's a remote machine and i want no string whatsoever,
>> hence the attempted upgrade.
>
> Try
>
> VersionAddendum ""
>
> then.
>
> restarting the sshd daemon does not close your existing ssh

IT'S A REMOTE MACHINE, i would've restarted ssh already, don't you
think? I'm trying to avoind rebooting, but it seems like the only
choice. And i have two channels, only of the same kind. Maybe i
should've thown a cron job at it too but it's too late for What ifs.

--
()  ascii-rubanda kampajno - kontraŭ html-a retpoŝto
/\  ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail