Re: Asus MBs

David Baron wrote:
On Monday 15 February 2010 21:52:38 Aioanei Rares wrote:
David Baron wrote:
Does Debian plain vanilla kernel run well on Asus MBs (P!V 2.6ghz, etc)?
Hi David,

Please be more specific so someone can help : is there a certain type of
ASUS motherboard that you want to buy/use? I gather that you have a P4
CPU running at 2.6 GHz. Generally, hardware from that period of time
already are well supported/tested, but it wouldn't hurt to know what
flavour of Debian do you want to run. So please reply with some extra
information.

Running Debian Sid.
Compile my own kernels, will usually have a recent kernel and an rt-patched kernel around.
I also compile my own kernels and my hardware (k8 cpu with Gigabyte motherboard) runs well . If you encounter any issues, help by reporting bugs[1].

[1] bugzilla.kernel.org

Best regards,