Re: Installation problem on HP DL360 G6 server

On Sun, Feb 14, 2010 at 10:56:41AM +0100, Emmanuel Chantry wrote:
> Le 14/02/2010 07:26, Alex Samad a écrit :
> >On Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 08:42:42PM -0600, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
> >>Emmanuel Chantry put forth on 2/13/2010 6:39 AM:

[snip]

> I'm not surprised that is a difference beetween VMs and real
> hardware. HP servers runs with CCISS driver not with standard sda I
> know that.
> I've tried to join HP support. First time, they said they don't
> support Debian lol. I have to send us their website URL to prove
> them they're supporting Debian...
> I'm waiting for an answer from the support if they know that problem.
>
> It seems that in amd64 and HP servers, install steps are not in the
> same order. In fact The cciss is loaded just before partman starts
> (installing scsci-modules and scsi-extra-modules) not at kernel
> boot.
>
> In preseed file, the line:  d-i partman-lvm/device_remove_lvm
> boolean true tells that old LVM configuration have to be erased
> without prompting. But it doesn't work on my HP server.

Hi

I have done quite a few installs on DL360, Dl785's, but all manual not
with pre seed. So I can tell you it works okay - the problem is with the
installer.

--
"It'll be hard to articulate."

	- George W. Bush
01/01/2001
anticipating how he'll feel upon assuming the presidency