Re: Air compressors vs. canned air

On Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 09:30:50PM -0500, Chris Jones wrote:
> Just paid c. $10.00 for a DYNEX Compressed Gas Duster, IOW a 10 oz. can
> of compressed air from my local Best Buy.
>
> Not so much the money per se, but each time I buy one of those, I get
> this nagging feeling that I've had been had.
>
> Has anyone with real world experience in the area of computer cleaning
> tried such solutions as the MetroVac duster line and might be able to
> comment on the respective merits of air compressors vs. air cans..?

I've used a shop air compressor several times.  I keep the nozzle about
12 inches away from the computer boards in order to reduce the force
exerted on them.

Here are some links

Small compressor:
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00915215000P?vName=Tools&cName=Air+Compressors+%26+Air+Tools&sName=Air+Compressors