Re: not working my DVDROM

On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 15:17:02 -0500 (EST), Eduardo M KALINOWSKI wrote:
> On 02/13/2010 05:46 PM, Stephen Powell wrote:
>> Second, the contents of /etc/fstab are intended to be for permanent
>> file systems that are always there.  Since a DVDROM drive uses
>> removable media, you wouldn't want to mount it at boot time in
>> /etc/fstab.
>>

> That's why he has noauto there, so that it is not mounted at boot time,
> but only when manually requested.

Right you are!  I hadn't noticed "noauto".  In fact, I checked my own
/etc/fstab and similar entries are there on my system.  Apparently
the Debian Installer puts them there by default on the i386 platform.
On the s390 platform, where I routinely edit this file, it does not.
Funny, I never noticed that before.

Unfortunately, this little side trip is doing nothing to help the user.