Re: portable Debian

On Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 08:44:59AM EST, Germana Oliveira wrote:

Well, no, what i really want is a portable Debian, so i can, for
example, build a web app and show it everywhere without need a web
server.... and just have my own configuration and run it every where

Some "live" distributions have "USB environments" (I call them) which allow you to create a bootable image complete with a good-sized /home/ space for data on a USB thumb drive. An example is Knoppix (http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/), which has a utility just for that purpose. Knoppix is basically Debian; it is binary compatible. It uses the LXDE environment, which is KDE 3, but with GTK instead of Qt.

Mark Allums