Re: Recently, CUPS and my Laserjet hate PDF's

On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 19:51:17 -0500, Nick Lidakis wrote:

> I tried 2 days ago to print this:
> http://www.nycremsco.org/news.asp?intCategoryID=1&intArticleID=402
>
> The job gets sent to the printer and the LaserJet will sit there forever
> with the LCD displaying "PROCESSING JOB". On some attempts to print I
> might be able to get the LaserJet to print one or two pages and then
> "PROCESSING JOB"

We have here a Laserjet 4050, attached to an ethernet switch. At least
under lenny I have no problem to print those PDF files you are pointing
out.

Tips (w/o special order):

1/ Try with another driver (i.e., PCL6 instead Postscript) by adding a
new printer (no need to delete the current one).

2/ Try by reducing the output resolution to 300ppp (just for testing
purposes). I've found some graphic-intesive PDF files are very-very slow
to get queued and pages get printer slowly, one by one...

3/ Try with another PDF files

4/ Try printing from another application

Greetings,

--
Camaleón