Re: Search engine for documentation indexing?

* Ian Zimmerman <itz@buug.org> [100210 22:53]:
> Olly> But as others have said, recoll is probably a better choice for
> Olly> a Xapian-based solution for a desktop situation anyway.
>
> Well, but I'm not running a typical desktop, at least not if by that is
> meant a Gnome or KDE stacked system. The fact that recoll is bound to a
> particular GUI is definitely a disadvantage.

I've been using recoll in a framebuffer console and am quite happy
with it. Here's a link to a previous post with a shell script that
loads recoll's search results into the elinks browser:

http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-user@lists.debian.org/msg554703.html

John

--
John Magolske