Re: Plz suggest the kernels that can be used in GNU

In <[🔎] 409375.55103.qm@web7802.mail.in.yahoo.com>, AZAD NIKARTHIL wrote:
>Can any one give information about anyother kernel other than Linux is now
> using in GNU....

Linux uses GPLv2.
The *BSD kernels all use a 2-clause BSD license (I think).
OpenSolaris kernel uses the CDDL.
GNU Mach uses some GPL.  I think they might want to move to GPLv3.

All of those are Free Software Licenses, but there might be some compatibility
issues.

> Is there is any other good kernel other than Linux.

There seem to be enough Debian users that think the FreeBSD kernel is usable
that Debian/kFreeBSD is soon to be official.  So, that's the one I would look
at closest.