Re: Connect to Watchguard VPN

Matteo Riva put forth on 2/6/2010 11:09 AM:
> Hello, this is the first time I have to use a VPN so I need basic
> information on how to do it. I need to connect to a Watchguard VPN but
> the admin only sent me details for windows so I'm kinda clueless.
>
> What packages should I use? What specific details should I ask the
> admin? I already asked for specific instructions but it could take time
> and I'd like to speed things up a little if I can, and learn something
> in the process too.

http://watchguard.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/watchguard.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2693&p_created=1261693823&p_sid=6LxEzWTj&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MTksMTkmcF9wcm9kcz0wJnBfY2F0cz0mcF9wdj0mcF9jdj0mcF9wYWdlPTEmcF9zZWFyY2hfdGV4dD1saW51eA**&p_li=&p_topview=1

when line wrap and size matter:
http://tinyurl.com/yfsblm7

The information you will find there is not a complete solution.  It should,
however, provide you with serious background information which should be helpful
in coordinating with your admin to get the VPN setup correctly on both ends.
Looks like you'll probably end up using SSL for the VPN tunnel encryption.

--
Stan