Re: grub2 + serial redirect

Matt,

On Feb 4, 2010, at 1:28 PM, Matt Zagrabelny wrote:

> Note the GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX line, it includes console=ttyS0,9600.
>
> Perhaps it is time to file a bug report against grub-pc?

After your explaining how to do this privately, I dug through the existing bug reports, and found this:

http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org/msg685989.html

This looks sort of similar to the related problem, although oddly enough even specifying serial doesn't get the menu on the serial console.  I have to see what the video output looks like once booting...

thanks,
-lev