Re: Can Anyone Explain the over-all view of Wireless Networking?

On Tue, Feb 02, 2010 at 04:04:54PM -0600, Kent West wrote:

[...]

> After a couple of reboots, and after running wicd-client from the actual
> machine instead of over ssh, the machine did not lock up; it did see the
> various ACUWireless networks, but when I tried clicking on the first
> one, it thought for a minute or two, then reported "Connection failed:
> Unable to get IP Address".

in the properties of the "ACUWireless" network (in wicd's interface)
there is a check box for "treat all networks with this name the same
way" or something to that effect. Select that box and then it will
automatically work it's way through the list of available APs
attempting to connect until it finally works.