From: David Hammett [mailto:doclinux@copper.net]
Sent: February 3, 2010 5:27 PM
To: m.vaschetto@snservice.net
Cc: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: R: sata hard drive mounting problem

Thanks Marco

You stated:>>

You need add a line like this one in /etc/fstab:

/dev/device   /mount/point   file system     options     dump    pass

For use normal user

/dev/sdb1	  /media/HDD	ext3		defaults,user,rw
0  	 0
------------------------

The drive has an nfts windows file system on it with some folder already
on it. I'm trying to get my file's off it on to the new debian install I
got now, then I'm going to take the derive back out of this computer.

So I think I need to put the file system as nfts not ext3 right?

You stated:>>

If you create the mount point with a root user do you need change the
owner of the folder

If all the folders are crowned with root as owner, How do I change them
to all users?

Thanks And:
God Bless You!