Linux kernel image & udev updates in testing

I'm getting this error message when I try to update udev in my testing
system.
Preconfiguring packages ...
(Reading database ... 423096 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace udev 149-2
(using .../archives/udev_150-2_i386.deb) ...
Since release 150, udev requires that support for the
CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED
feature is disabled in the running kernel.

Please upgrade your kernel before or while upgrading udev.

AT YOUR OWN RISK, you can force the installation of this version of udev
WHICH DOES NOT WORK WITH YOUR RUNNING KERNEL AND WILL BREAK YOUR SYSTEM
AT THE NEXT REBOOT by creating the /etc/udev/kernel-upgrade file.
There is always a safer way to upgrade, do not try this unless you
understand what you are doing!

dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/udev_150-2_i386.deb
(--unpack):
subprocess new pre-installation script returned error exit status 1
/var/cache/apt/archives/udev_150-2_i386.deb
A package failed to install.  Trying to recover:
At this point it errors out & though I have installed the updated kernel
image it does not work. Seems to load until it gets to the video stuff
then crashes.
The kernel images I have installed is:

linux-image-2.6.26-2-686  (this one works but gives a boot error message
similar to above.)
Linux 2.6.26 image on PPro/Celeron/PII/PIII/P4

linux-image-2.6.32-trunk-686 (this one stops loading when it is about to
load video drivers.)
Linux 2.6.32 for modern PCs

Installation of second one also says there is missing firmware
drivers  /lib/firmware/rtl8168dxxx
& indeed it is not there.

Anyone have any suggestions?