Re: Virtualization - what do You recommend?

On 02/02/2010 11:39, Tomasz Suchodolski wrote:
> W dniu 2 lutego 2010 12:19 użytkownik Rafał Radecki
> <radecki.rafal@gmail.com> napisał:
>> Hi All.
>>
>> I plan to use virtualization in my production environment. I plan to use one
>> of the following options:
>> - KVM;
>> - VMWare Esxi;
>> - VMWare Workstation.
>>
>> I plan to install Windows 2008 as a guest. I want to use something like LVM
>> snapshots for backups. Stability is also very important, the guest will be
>> used as a production server.
>> Which option could You recommend and why?
>>
>> Thank You very much in advance :)
>>
>> With regards,
>> R.
>>
> Na jakie listy dyskusyjne oprócz CentOS'a i Debiana wysyłasz zapytania ?

I really like ESXi and vSphere but if you only want one guest it will be
a waste of money. Are you looking for just 1 guest? You do realise you
will lose performance? I'm guessing you do. You can't do an LVM snapshot
with ESXi either, so i'd stick to virtual box or something like that