Re: Grub boot loader?

On Tue, 2 Feb 2010 02:22:11 +1300
Chris Bannister <mockingbird@earthlight.co.nz> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 01, 2010 at 08:27:54AM +0000, hadi motamedi wrote:
> > Thank you for your message . So you mean I can make use of it to activate my
> > grub edit w/o any problem?
>
> That all depends on what your problem is that you are trying to solve.
>
> Is your computer booting to a login prompt?
>
> Pressing the 'e' key *should* alow you to edit the menu entry. What
> happens when you press 'e'?
>
> Are you seeing the menu? If not what are you seeing?

I have no idea if this is relevant to the OP's problem, but in any
event, for the archives:

I once was terribly frustrated by the failure of the grub keys (b, e,
p) to do what they were supposed to do.  I eventually realized the
problem: I use a dvorak keymap, both in the console and in X, but grub
was using qwerty ...

[A quick Google^WYahoo finds this way to get grub to use dvorak:

http://bobbens.dyndns.org/files/grub-dvorak.lst]

Celejar