Re: Downgrading xorg xserver from 1.7 to 1.6

Matteo Riva schrieb:
> Squeeze upgrade broke fglrx driver with the new xserver.
>
> How can I downgrade the xserver from 1.7.4 back to 1.6.5 when fglrx
> driver was working fine?
> What packages do I need to downgrade, and where can I find those
> versions?

Hi all!

I have two questions regarding the graphics problem with the new xserver:

1. Does anybody know, why the new xserver is not supporting the fglrx driver anymore? Was it
necessary to mess around until the running version changed into something not useful anymore? I can
live better with problems resulting in modifications that I understand.

2. Is there a way to get 3D acceleration using something built into squeeze? I always used the fglrx
driver coming directly from AMD/ATI.

Thanks for your help!  :)

Cheers,
Andreas Tepe