Re: Postscript: Grub2 in current Squeeze

On Mon, 1 Feb 2010 14:11:26 -0500 (EST), PETER EASTHOPE wrote:
> My usual email isn't available until Grub works again.
> Yes, updating a system via a remote connection is probably not advisable.
> Attempting to run aptitude to reinstall grub from the rescue mode system
> gives this message.
> Error opening terminal: bterm
> How might this damage be repaired.

There have been many threads recently about grub-pc boot problems,
including an advisory not to update grub-pc in apt-listchanges
during the upgrade itself.

No doubt the grub fans out there will give me flak for saying this;
but honestly, if it were me, I'd install lilo and forget about
grub, at least for a while.  Once you upgrade you can't easily
go back.  You either wait for the bug to be fixed, or you try a
tricky and unsupported installation of a back-level package, or
you install something else.  In this case the solution is to install
something else.  That's what I did.