Re: losing xmodmap settings during X startup

On 31 Jan 2010, Joey Morris wrote:
> I start my X session with startx, and lately I've noticed that some
> (but not all) of my .Xmodmap settings are being lost once my X session
> is up. I think this behavior started sometime in the past month or two.

[snip]

I also use startx, with Icewm. I encountered problems with ~/.Xmodmap
some time ago. I solved it by trying out various /usr/bin/xmodmap
commands on the command line and when I got them working I put them in
.xinitrc. I no longer use ~/.Xmodmap.

I hadn't heard that xmodmap was deprecated. I certainly hope there will
be a satisfactory substitute if that is the case.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - ac@acampbell.org.uk