Re: wicd fails to start after upgrade

Vincent Lefevre wrote:
On 2010-01-29 20:46:48 -0500, Wayne <linuxtwo@gmail.com> wrote:
Your right.  I didn't check all of the various depend's.  I just
pointed it out to Sabastian.  If your running wicd in Sid maybe you
have an idea 'why' it isn't running then.

Sorry, I have no idea. Check that your installed packages are
consistent ("apt-get install -f" signals no errors) and that
/usr/share/pyshared/wicd/logfile.py exists.

I was not having problems with wicd. I was helping the other fellow that had problems when he tried installing wicd from sid.

FYI, on my machine:

Interesting. Of course if we knew which dist and version you were running, it might have helped him, as it is I think the new 1.7.2 version is working for both of us now.

Thanks anyway.

xvii:~> dlocate logfile.py
python-wicd: /usr/share/pyshared/wicd/logfile.py
xvii:~> locate logfile.py
/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.5/wicd/logfile.py
/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.5/wicd/logfile.pyc
/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.5/wicd/logfile.pyo
/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/wicd/logfile.py
/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/wicd/logfile.pyc
/usr/share/pyshared/wicd/logfile.py

/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.*/wicd/logfile.py* are probably needed
and built by a postinstall script. If you don't have such a file
corresponding to the installed python versions, that may be a bug
in some python-related package.

Wicd verion 1.7.2 just migrated to testing. It no longer uses python-wicd. I was not using it, python-wicd, when I ran 1.6, either.

Wayne