Re: wodim and perhaps nautilus surprise

I didn't preserve the transcript but wodim came back with unknown or missing recorder when trying to access the hardware.On Thu, 30 Dec 2010, Eero Volotinen wrote:

2010/12/30 Jude DaShiell <jdashiel@shellworld.net>:
I've been trying to help a friend burn his first cd on his system.  He has
gnome-desktop-environment and wodim with all dependencies installed. What he
recently told me is that nautilus has no problem burning cd's but wodim
finds that cd burner unknown and unsupported.  Apparently things are not
coordinated between command line environments and g.u.i. environments with
respect to supported hardware.

what is output of wodim --devices  command ?

--
Eero