Re: Web calendar sharing in Evolution

On 12/30/2010 08:45 AM, Erwan David wrote:
> I never succeeded in making it work, with thunderbird or other clients (simpel question : which url should I put
 in the client ?)

I also noticed that & could not find an answer. I tried to use a
filename in my apache2 www directory without success, it just sat & spun
its wheels & did nothing. I created a file, chmod 777, tried it again,
still spun wheels, did nothing.
if you look in the FAQ it does show a few items you need..

http://trac.calendarserver.org/wiki/FAQ
Steps:

Create an IMAP or POP account on your mail server solely for use by the
calendar server (used to send a receive email)
Create a user account on the calendar server (used to do authentication
between calendar server and mail gateway process)
Edit caldavd.plist:
iMIP
Enabled = true
Username = username for account you created in step 2
Password = password for account you created in step 2
Sending
Server = your SMTP server name
Port = the port your SMTP server is listening on
UseSSL = true/false depending on whether your SMTP server is using SSL
Username = username to log in to SMTP (leave empty if no authentication
is required by your SMTP server)
Password = password to log in to SMTP (leave empty if no authentication
is required by your SMTP server)
Address = used as the From: address
Receiving
Server = your inbound (IMAP/POP) server name
Port = the port your IMAP/POP server is listening on
Type = either pop or imap
UseSSL = true/false depending on whether your IMAP/POP server is using SSL
Username = username to log in to IMAP/POP (do not use your own email
account for this or your inbox will be wiped out)
Password = password to log in to IMAP/POP
PollingSeconds = how often to poll for incoming replies
AddressPatterns = an array of regular expressions defining which email
addresses to send iMIP messages to -- if an external attendee's email
address does not match these patterns, no invitation will be sent to them.
Restart calendar server

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800