Re: Recommendations for massive dhcp settings

On Wed December 29 2010 18:12:21 Daniel Bareiro wrote:
> Sorry. I forgot to comment that they are all static IPs for better
> control of workstations accessing the network.

Hi Daniel,

You may be doing a lot of work that is not providing any security.

If someone connects an unauthorized workstation, and configures it
with an unused IP from the DHCP pool, are they blocked from accessing
the network?

On the very rare occasions when I've done MAC filtering it's been
in a switch, not a DHCP server.

--Mike Bird