Re: Installed Debian today.

On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 02:18:58AM +0530, Narendra Sisodiya wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 2:02 AM, Petrus Validus <petrus.validus@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>     > * bugs in ubuntu 10.x release
>
>     Bugs are unavoidable.
>

> But releasing ubuntu on time without fixing known critical bug ?
>

>     > * unbootable iso images of ubuntu
>
>     Maybe there's a problem with your CDs or burning application?
>

> 64 bit ubuntu 10.10 is not bootable. checked MD5sum 100 times and similar error
> arond all user

What does "arond all user" mean?

> I use USB.
> in some hardware both iso were unbootable.
> Always fail at initramfs - init not found. or any rootfs not found.

Did you try downloading again and burning another CD?

>     > * Crap theme in 10.x
>
>     You can change that.
>
>     > * Madness of ubuntu which is trying to create MAC - OS type look and
>     > feel
>
>     Two responses:
>
>     1-See previous response.
>
>     2-I don't think it's that bad, quite frankly.  Apple's interfaces are
>     more attractive than a lot of others out there.  I've always liked the
>     design of their interface.  Very clean and simple.  Honestly I would
>     enjoy using/recreating the Mac System 7 interface.
>

> I am using gnome from last 2 year, I always see window bar button in right. Why
> they changed to left in lucid ? For me windows 7 and MAcOS theme and interface
> is very crap. I cannot even work on them

That's so trivial it's not worth responding to...but as the previous
poster said, it's easily changed.  Why did you ignore his answer?

>     > * 6 month release cycle and most buggy upgrade management which always
>     > fails
>
>     Who said you have to upgrade to the latest version available?  Why not
>     use one of Ubuntu's LTS editions
>

> LOL LTS is much buggy then non-LTS. 9.10 was the only stable version i have
> used.

That's the biggest bunch of BS I've seen in a long time. I've used the
last 3 LTS releases and they have been completely stable.

Your posts reflect several earmarks of a troll.

--
Bob Holtzman
Key ID: 8D549279