Re: E-business and Linux

On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 10:13, Yuwen Dai <yuwend@gmail.com> wrote:
> I just can not completely abandon Windows, for all the E-business related
> software are for Windows or IE in my country, for example, the security
> plug-ins released by banks in China. I don't understand why they don't
> develop plug-ins for Linux and Firefox.  I'm just curious, how is your
> situation?

Bad, but improving. I make a point of writing snail-mail _and_ email
to any company that has an IE-only website, and also to companies of
Windows software such as Adobe and Autodesk. I even switched banks
because of lack of Firefox support.

I suggest that you write to the companies and let them know that you
need Linux support. If there is no perceived market, they won't write
the software. Show them that the market exists.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il
http://what-is-what.com