Re: Allowing network printing through Arno's IP Tables

On Tue, 28 Dec 2010 11:59:45 +0000, AG wrote:

> I have recently installed Arno's IP Tables on my Deb testing machine and
> want to know how I can allow print privileges to a second computer,
> because my machine runs the print server (CUPS).

(...)

First I would test is stopping Arno's IP Tables service and check if it
works, just to ensure the firewall rule is the culprit :-)

I'm not very good at "firewalling" but I guess you will have to put your
internal network inside the "trusted" side. By performing a quick read on
the Arno's IP tables manual ("/usr/share/doc/arno-iptables-firewall/
README.gz") I suppose it should be set using "FULL_ACCESS_HOSTS"
variable. If that works, then you can fine-tune the rule and allow access
only to the desired host in the required port.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón