[OT] Re: E-business and Linux

On Tue, 28 Dec 2010 16:13:14 +0800, Yuwen Dai wrote:

> I just can not completely abandon Windows, for all the E-business
> related software are for Windows or IE in my country, for example, the
> security plug-ins released by banks in China. I don't understand why
> they don't develop plug-ins for Linux and Firefox.  I'm just curious,
> how is your situation?

The situation is the same in all countries, I (sadly) guess, but not only
at banks but for many companies (i.e., my ISP web pages are very
difficult to follow with Firefox/Iceweasel and I'm talking here of one of
the bigger telecom companies in the worldwide market -Telefonica-) :-(

Companies only put money (aka, provide open tools and develop standard
applications) when they know they are going to get any gain and most of
their users are using "windows/explorer" binomial, so (sigh) "why they
should care"? ;-/

Greetings,

--
Camaleón