Re: chronyc settime and digital clock in LXDE in Squeeze

On Mon, 27 Dec 2010 05:01:19 -0700
peasthope@shaw.ca wrote:

> Folk,
>
> "Clock Format" is set to %R, which according to strftime.man
> specifies a 24 hour format.
>
> After chronyc settime 16:50 the clock displays 4:50.
>
> Am I misusing chronyc?  Is the digital clock in LXDE unable
> to display the 24 hour format?
>
> Thanks for any ideas,         ... Peter E.

I use chrony as well but with gnome. I've never used 'settime'
and have allowed chrony to manage the time on its own which has worked
well for a couple of years now. Perhaps when evoking 'settime' chrony
adds it's own format. Maybe dig around in chrony's rc file?