Re: o/t ipod

ol----- Original message -----
> My son has bought me an ipodtouch for Xmas..Anyone tell me how I can
> transfer the music files on his ipod to mine ?..I only have Linux on my
> machines but can get access to a Winbox at a neighbours...

Hi Ted,
i dont know if u use KDE and neither do i know if it was an iPod touch 2G, I assume both in this post.

U can use amarok.
http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/Media_Device:IPod

as u can see from the compatibility list there, it doesnt work our of the box for the newer ones, but there seem to be workarounds as:
http://unusedcycles.wordpress.com/2009/04/29/amarok-14-sync-with-ipod-touch-2g-in-linux/

Greets
Simon

P.S. Gtkpod, as mentioned before, is worth a try too and may be less of a pain to get to run.