Re: Strange error message when compiling svn package

Chris Bannister wrote:
On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 02:48:43PM -0600, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
Rodolfo Medina wrote:
When compiling Mplayer svn with `make', I got the following:
The one that is missing has the definiton of HAVE_MMAP.
I just install mplayer with apt-get. But you are compiling it. Why?

If you want help on the mplayer-user list, they expect you to have tried
the latest version from svn to see if that fixes it.

But I thought the OP started out compiling instead of first installing the binary.

Hugo