Re: dumb question about gnash youtube-dl and watching youtube videos...

On 2010-12-22 19:51:08 +0000, Michael Fothergill wrote:
> would be good but you need to figure out how to get a software
> trufflehound to sniff at this sort of URL
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwDYbNIHyN0 (or something similar) and
> then find the .flv or .swf truffle that I am interested in pointing
> gnash at.
>
> Looks like youtube-dl would do this.

Try this easy recipe:

    clive http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwDYbNIHyN0
    [wait for arrival]
    mplayer youtube_FwDYbNIHyN0.flv

I use "cclive" for this purpose, and it works. However, "cclive" is
not avaialable in Lenny as far as I can tell.

"clive" is available for Lenny, and should behave in the same way.
However, I can not vouch for it because it's not the one I use.

Hope this helps,

Phil