Re: Network-manager applet with multiple users

On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 1:55 PM, Arthur Machlas
<arthur.machlas@gmail.com> wrote:
> It seems that whomever logs in first on the gnome-desktop, user1,
> user2 or user3 has exclusive control of network manager, even though
> I'd like all three to be able to control it.
>
> Is there a workaround for this?

Just to respond to my own thread about this, I'm not married to using
network-manager, though I like the application. It occurs to me that
wpa_supplicant in roaming mode with wpa_gui as the interface might be
an option as "workaround", and so might wicd, though I've no
experience with wicd myself so that's just a guess. Opions, thoughts,
links etal all most welcome.

best,
AM