Re: Poppler error: "floating point exception" (lenny)

On Sun, 19 Dec 2010 23:10:43 +0000, Lisi wrote:

> On Sunday 19 December 2010 19:50:09 Camaleón wrote:

(...)

>> Hum... you should get the same message than me. Try with this:
>>
>> ***
>> gimp /home/lisi/KXTG7531-MUL.PDF
>> ***
>>
>> Close the popup window of Gimp and review the error you get in console.
>
> lisi@Tux:~$ gimp /home/lisi/KXTG7531-MUL.PDF
> /usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/poppler: fatal error: Floating point
> exception lisi@Tux:~$
>
> So it makes a difference whether one uses the relative path or the
> absolute. Odd!

Yep, I also realized when you got a different error message :-?

>> Not sure what to do about this... Lenny only gets updates for security
>> issues and this looks like a plain and harmless (though annoying)
>> error, what do you people think, should I open a bug report for this?
>> :-?
>
> Probably worth mentioning, if only to reduce the risk that it will be
> perpetuated in Squeeze.

Done: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=607633

Although the error _is not_ reproducible in Squeeze, Lenny will be still
supported for one more year (once Squeeze is released), so having to deal
with random PDF crashes for a long period of time does not sound like a
good plan :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón