Re: itune podcasts on a debian system?

* Thomas H. George <lists@tomgeorge.info> [101214 19:28]:
> On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 04:06:40PM +0000, Camaleón wrote:
> > On Tue, 14 Dec 2010 09:20:55 -0500, Thomas H. George wrote:
> >
>>> The New York Times says I must have itunes to hear/see the science
>>> podcast.
> > Lastest science podcasts are available in mp3 format:
> >
> > http://dts.podtrac.nytimes.com/redirect.mp3/podcasts.nytimes.com/podcasts/2010/12/13/14science.mp3
> > http://dts.podtrac.nytimes.com/redirect.mp3/podcasts.nytimes.com/podcasts/2010/12/06/07science.mp3
> > http://dts.podtrac.nytimes.com/redirect.mp3/podcasts.nytimes.com/podcasts/2010/11/29/30science.mp3
> > http://dts.podtrac.nytimes.com/redirect.mp3/podcasts.nytimes.com/podcasts/2010/11/22/23science.mp3

>> Dunno why NYT > does not provide an easy way for getting that URIs
>> :-?

The article

    http://thefinancebuff.com/2009/06/ny-times-podcasts-without-itunes.html

reports that the xml feed for the science podcast is:

    http://www.nytimes.com/services/xml/rss/nyt/podcasts/sciencetimes.xml

An easy way to get the podcast more or less automatically (you can use
chron) is to install the amazing Debian package hpodder.  The podcast can be
added with the command:

    hpodder add
    http://www.nytimes.com/services/xml/rss/nyt/podcasts/sciencetimes.xml

after which newly-available podcasts are obtained with the command:

    hpodder

and are stored in the directory which you specified in the brief hpodder
configuration dialogue.

Let hpodder do the work for you.

RLH