Re: itune podcasts on a debian system?

* Thomas H. George <lists@tomgeorge.info> [101214 19:28]:
> On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 04:06:40PM +0000, Camaleón wrote:
> > On Tue, 14 Dec 2010 09:20:55 -0500, Thomas H. George wrote:
> >
>>> The New York Times says I must have itunes to hear/see the science
>>> podcast.
> > Lastest science podcasts are available in mp3 format:
> >
> > http://dts.podtrac.nytimes.com/redirect.mp3/podcasts.nytimes.com/podcasts/2010/12/13/14science.mp3
> > http://dts.podtrac.nytimes.com/redirect.mp3/podcasts.nytimes.com/podcasts/2010/12/06/07science.mp3
> > http://dts.podtrac.nytimes.com/redirect.mp3/podcasts.nytimes.com/podcasts/2010/11/29/30science.mp3
> > http://dts.podtrac.nytimes.com/redirect.mp3/podcasts.nytimes.com/podcasts/2010/11/22/23science.mp3

>> Dunno why NYT > does not provide an easy way for getting that URIs
>> :-?

The article

reports that the xml feed for the science podcast is:

An easy way to get the podcast more or less automatically (you can use
chron) is to install the amazing Debian package hpodder.  The podcast can be
added with the command:

    hpodder add

after which newly-available podcasts are obtained with the command:

and are stored in the directory which you specified in the brief hpodder
configuration dialogue.

Let hpodder do the work for you.