Re: Setting a default network cups printer [somewhat OT]

On 12/14/2010 01:41 PM, Camaleón wrote:
On Tue, 14 Dec 2010 12:31:37 -0500, Wayne Topa wrote:

On 12/14/2010 04:36 AM, Camaleón wrote:

   ~$ ls /media/testing/etc/cups/
   classes.conf    cupsd.conf          cupsd.conf.dpkg-old  cups-pdf.conf
   printers.conf    printers-old.conf  raw.types  ssl/ classes.conf.O
   cupsd.conf.default  cupsd.conf.O         ppd/
    printers.conf.O  raw.convs          snmp.conf

The file should not be there unless you run the command... hum, what kind
of path is that ("/media/testing/etc/cups/")? a chrooted one? :-?

It is the Testing partition on the same disk that has the problems I mentioned.
And now for the user:

test@debian:~$ lpoptions -d hp4250

(...)

test@debian:~$ ls -l
.cups
total 4

This works on the testing squeeze but not on the other.

But what error are you getting when you run it? No errors and no file? :-?

As I am not booted into that partition, I can't answer that yet. I will reboot in a while and answer that question later.

Starting form scratch in a clean environment would be desiderable, yes.
If you are still facing the problem, then yes, report it. Reporting bugs
that are not really bugs happens all the time (we are users, not devels
nor experts, we can fail), so do not worry if the error is just on your
side, the origin of the error will be shown when dealing with it in the
BTS :-)

That is another reason I got into this thread. To inform others of the 'possible' problems from Non Debian installs.

If, when I install from a new Debian CD, I have the same problem, I will submit a bug report.

Thanks again

Wayne