Re: weired issues of debian squeeze (base system)

On Lu, 13 dec 10, 18:14:48, Klistvud wrote:
> Dne, 13. 12. 2010 17:56:30 je Andrei Popescu napisal(a):
> >Every time I experimented with two-pane file managers I kept
> >coming back
> >to Tux Commander (package tuxcmd). While it does have it's quirks
> >it is
> >closest to the habits I acquired on Windows using Windows/Total
> >Commander.
>
> Oh, the woes of us former Windows users ... It's a real pity Total
> Commander isn't free software.

I would even settle for a Linux version if properly packaged for Debian.
After all, I did trust Mr. Ghisler with my files for many years and I
would again if I had to use Windows. Given the reasonable one-time
licence fee I would even consider buying it!

> As you say, none of the two-pane file
> managers comes close. I use gnome-commander, and mc for the console,
> and will also try out tuxcmd now that you suggested it.

An I'm giving gnome-commander another try. The first thing I noticed is
that it doesn't have a keyboard shortcut for toggling show hidden files
and you can't chose what columns (not) to show.

Regards,
Andrei