Re: Scrolling problems Iceweasel (Radeon HD 3850 problem?)

On Sat, 11 Dec 2010 14:25:07 +0100
Joost Kraaijeveld <J.Kraaijeveld@Askesis.nl> wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> After an update somewhere the last few weeks (I can't remember when
> exactly)  scrolling in Iceweasel started to become problematically. I
> have two (separate?) problems:
>
> 1. Scrolling of web pages with graphics is slow with frequent
> repainting of the complete web page from bottom to top which looks
> like a tidal wave on my screen. TExt pages do not seem to show this
> problem. 2. Clicking *just once* on the right scroll bar results in a
> complete scroll down as if I am clicking constantly.
>
> I suspect that it is a problem with the N(non-free) fglrx video driver
> because this does not happen onmy other PC which has a NVidia.
>
> Does anyone recognise these problems and/or has a solution?
>
> TIA

What version of fglrx are you using?

You could try turning off the "new" 2D acceleration stuff, if your
catalyst version is > 10.6 but < 10.10 (its supposed to be all fixed
and shiny, but you can still try this).

Do the following as root without X running.

# aticonfig --del-pcs-key=DDX,Direct2DAccel
# aticonfig --set-pcs-str=DDX,ForceXAA,TRUE

------
Regards,

Angus Hedger

Debian GNU/Linux User	PGP Public Key 0xEE6A4B97