Re: help getting grub to see Windows 7 on second drive

On 10/12/2010 11:42, Michael Fothergill wrote:

I think the grub update idea might have worked.   Now Windows boots
when I start up the PC however, F8 allows me to alter the disk boot
order using the BIOS and then the other disk fires up and I get GRUB
which gives me a nice menu with the Debian and Windows to choose
from......  Maybe if I ran grub-update then the next time I boot up I
wouldn't see Windows appearing by default.....

Couldn't you just set the disk with GRUB as the default boot device in the BIOS? That way your Windows will still boot if some disaster happens and you have to put that drive in another machine.

Cheers,
Tom