Re: Songbird and deadbeef - music players for Debian

in-line :-

On 10/12/2010, Roman Khomasuridze <khomasuridze@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi.

Hi,

> Songbird dropped GNU/Linux support as I recall, but there is fork, name of
> which I don't remember.

Hmm... googling up came up with nightingale & alienboombox but I'm
guessing you are talking about nightingale - nice name I would
say/imagine.

http://www.detector-pro.com/2010/04/nightingale-songbird-fork-for-linux.html

http://getnightingale.com/

http://develop.alienboombox.com/

It seems the project (nightingale) has still some way to go yet before
we can use it.

> As of Deadbeef, I was using it for a while. there is .deb package for debian
> on their site.

I was asking more as its inclusion in the Debian project. Does anybody
know if deadbeef has been asked to be put for packaging ?

--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल