Re: Cannot mount floppy drive in Squeeze

On Sun, 05 Dec 2010 16:09:52 -0500 (EST), Camaleón wrote:
> On Sun, 05 Dec 2010 15:07:20 -0500, Stephen Powell wrote:
>> Well, I'm not exactly a newbie.  I've been using Linux for more than 10
>> years. But I must be doing something wrong.  I can't seem to get a
>> floppy disk to mount.
>
> Weird :-?
>
> I would try with the simplest command:
>
> mount /dev/fd0 /mnt
>
> If you get no error, run "mount" to ensure your floppy has been mounted.
> Also, check for "dmesg" output.

No dice.  I tried your suggested command, except that I changed /dev/fd0
to /dev/fd1, since I need the 5.25-inch drive, not the 3.5-inch drive,
but other than that it was just as you suggested.  No mount, no error
message.  The only output from dmesg is the original warning message:

   FAT: utf8 is not a recommended IO charset for FAT filesystems, filesystem will be case sensitive!

which also comes out on the terminal, since I am issuing the command
from an active Linux virtual console, not a terminal emulation window
in X.

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell
 : :'  :