Re: CIFS mount (error -11) - Unable to access the Windows shares
On Wed, 01 Dec 2010 20:51:05 -0200, Renato S. Yamane wrote:
> [Please, let me in cc because I´m not subscribed on this mailing list]
> Since last week I can´t access the Windows shares anymore.
> I´m using Debian Squeeze and smb4k 0.10.7 (I already try mount it with
> command line, but I see the same error).
> The Windows server is working fine and I can access it with other
> machines (Windows). I´m the only linux-user on the enterprise network,
> so the IT department can´t help me and I need fix this problem by
> The log (dmesg) show me this:
> CIFS VFS: No response to cmd 115 mid 2
Things I would try:
- Restarting network service
- Try to list shared resources ("smbclient -L 192.168.0.4 -U yamane")
- Hand mounting ("mount -t cifs //192.168.1.4/Setores /mnt/my_mount_point -o user=yamane,pass=password")
and then recheck "dmesg"
- Look at windows logs (yep, it can give you some hints)
- Try with "smb://192.168.0.4/Setores" in KDE's dolphin/konqueror
file browser (avoiding the use of smb4k)