several debian installer questions

I have a couple of questions concerning the debian installer (from the
testing distribution):

1. When downloading the iso image which I combine with boot.img.gz to
   get an image for an USB stick, I have to choose the Debian release
   (i.e. stable or testing) and the architecture I want to install on.

   I would like if I could use the same installer to install different
   releases and for different architectures.  I.e. I'd like to be to
   choose between stable and testing and between i386 and amd64 using
   the same installer instead of having 4 different installers on 4
   separate USB sticks.  Is that possible or planned?

2. Is it possible to install the debian installer onto a Debian live
   system, i.e. call the installer from a running live system?

The goal would be to have a single USB stick, which I can use to

* run a Debian live system
* to rescue systems (already possible from a customized live system)
* install Debian on Intel/AMD PCs, stable and testing, 32 bit and 64
  bit.

urs