Re: Does "I/O error" mean hardware problem?

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 6:29 PM, Stan Hoeppner <stan@hardwarefreak.com> wrote:
Yuwen Dai put forth on 11/23/2010 11:59 PM:
> On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 5:14 AM, Stan Hoeppner <stan@hardwarefreak.com>wrote:

>> CRC errors indicate a transmission problem on the interface conductors.
>>  Whether the problem is either of the two things I mention above, you
>> definitely have a problem with the interface between the drive and the
>> SATA controller.
>>
>> Hi Stan,
>
> Thank you for your help!

You're welcome.  Hope you can get it fixed without it costing much.

Dear all,

Dell has changed a hard disk for me.  Now both the reallocate sectors  and CRC error number are zero.  I'll continue observe the status of the hard disk.

Best regards,
Yuwen

--
Stan